Led by Education Secretary DeVos, the Trump administration has proposed changes that would severely weaken protections against sexual assault and harassment in academia. These changes would make it much harder for survivors to come forward and represent a massive step backwards in resolving the sexual harassment crisis in Higher Ed. On Tuesday, on behalf of the UAW Higher Ed unions, International Union UAW submitted a public comment expressing our collective opposition to this proposal.
- Paid Leave Survey // Visa/Immigration Session Today at Noon
- California fires and blackouts – reach out if you need assistance
- Aug 21 Visa/Immigration Info Session and International Scholars Working Group updates
- More Paid Leave for Child Care // Our Union’s 10th Anniversary
- Victory! ICE directive on international students rescinded!
- Take action on #StudentBan: Info Session tomorrow 1pm
- More Info On Visa Order // Write Congress To Stop Visa Restrictions
- Executive Order Limiting Nonimmigrant Visa Travel And Info Session Tues 10.30AM
- Possible Executive Order restricting non-immigrant visa entry
- Updates: Benefits open enrollment, retirement plans, BLM actions