Last Friday, thanks to outreach by Academic Researchers (Project Scientists, Researchers, Specialists, and Coordinators of Public Programs) over the past few weeks, state legislators representing UC campuses sent a letter to UC President Janet Napolitano urging UC to stop stalling and recognize our union! The growing support from our state’s political leaders and their willingness to take that support public is another clear indication that UC must recognize the democratic will of Academic Researchers (ARs) to form a union. You can read the full letter by clicking here.
- No pay freezes for Postdocs and ARs (because of our union contracts)
- Results of the Postdoc Contract Ratification Vote
- Contract Ratification Vote Begins Today!
- Contract Extension Clarification and Reminder of Q&A Session Today at 1:30
- Proposed 1-year Extension of Postdoc Contract
- Update from COVID-19 bargaining #5, plus upcoming May Day events
- Letter to Congress from UAW 5810 & 2865: Support research during COVID-19
- NEW: Paid Leave options and job/pay guarantees
- Update: J-1 visas, no layoffs, paid leave, travel reimbursements
- Update from COVID-19 bargaining session #2