ARs officially reached tentative agreement with UC on the first-ever Academic Researcher Union contract! This agreement is the culmination of years of hard work and advocacy by thousands of Academic Researchers across the state. But the contract is not official until it is ratified by a vote of Academic Researchers—Project Scientists, Professional Researchers, Specialists, and Coordinators of Public Programs.
The vote begins now and will continue through Friday, November 8 at 3 PM.
This contract is a huge step forward that significantly improves AR working conditions, including:
- Pay increases for all Academic Researchers of 7-12% during the first year and 14-24% over the full 3-year contract,
- Longer appointments — 2-3 year appointments after the first merit review,
- A more fair and transparent process for merit increases and promotions,
- Secure retirement plans with no increases to employee contribution rates,
- Stronger protections against discrimination and sexual harassment,
- And many more new rights and benefits.