A. University Required Travel
- The University shall reimburse Postdoctoral Scholars for authorized expenses incurred during University-required business or travel in accordance with the provisions of the appropriate section(s) of the UC Business and Finance Bulletin. Required business may include travel for research required by the supervisor, attendance at conferences, workshops, or University events or courses provided in §B.1., below.
- The University will not reimburse Postdoctoral Scholars for travel between home and the Postdoctoral Scholars’ designated work location.
B. Discretionary Travel
- The University may approve a Postdoctoral Scholar’s request to attend conferences, workshops, University events, courses, or travel to perform research that is not required by the supervisor but that may further her/his professional development. The University shall not unreasonably deny such requests.
- In the event the University does not provide paid release time from work to attend approved discretionary travel, the Postdoctoral Scholar may utilize personal time off or unpaid time to attend such approved conferences, workshops or University events or courses provided in §B.1., above.
- The University may agree to fully or partially reimburse, or not reimburse, the Postdoctoral Scholar for attendance at conferences, workshops or University events or courses provided in §B.1., above.