Tuesday’s session started with our proposals to enhance Postdoc training and professional development and address climate change by providing Postdocs with public transit passes and improved carpool and bike options. Specifics on our proposals can be found here in the proposal tracker. These proposals include:
- Expand access and funding to career development events and training.
- Ensure Postdocs get credit for their academic work by adding a resolution process for authorship disputes in our contract.
- Extend Postdoc titles and classifications to allow Postdocs to serve as Principal Investigators on grants to expand funding opportunities.
- Provide carpooling, public transit, and/or parking benefits to Postdocs to encourage affordable, greener solutions for commuting.
UC’s team presented us with more proposals that reduce Postdoc rights, weaken job security, and interfere with Postdocs’ ability to sign up as union members upon hiring.
Our next bargaining session will be Wednesday, August 25 from 1-3 PM. The session will be focused on benefits with a presentation from UC’s team. If you’re interested in attending or getting involved in other ways, click the link below!
Member participation is critical to winning a strong contract.
- The bargaining committee holds weekly meetings that are open to all Postdoc members. There are lots of ways to get involved to fight for issues you’re passionate about! Click here to get involved!
- There’s one more session of the UAW Organizing for Power Summer School TODAY (Wednesday, August 18) from 6-7 pm – you can join even if you missed the previous sessions. Come and learn how to organize to win a great contract! Click here to RSVP!
Postdoc Bargaining Team and Alternates
Sarah Arveson, UC Berkeley
Gilbert Bernstein, UC Berkeley
Chris Hart, UC Davis
Adam Schneider, UC Irvine
Zachary Zeidler, UC Los Angeles
Lejla Medzikovic, UC Los Angeles
Brad Barker, UC Merced
Ingrid Padilla Espinosa, UC Merced
Tyler Bell, UC San Diego
Adam Caparco, UC San Diego
Jade Moore, UC San Francisco
Putu Ustriyana, UC San Francisco
Caitlin Taylor, UC Santa Barbara
Heda Agic, UC Santa Barbara
Jacob Porter, UC Santa Cruz
Jasmeet Dhaliwal, UC Santa Cruz
PS. To keep up with bargaining in real-time, follow us on Twitter @UAW5810!