Executive Order Affecting Travel: A travel ban on persons from Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia, and Yemen was announced through an Executive Order issued by the President Trump at [Read More…]
Click Here to Read Our Travel Advisory for International Postdocs
We believe a fair and humane immigration policy and the free and open exchange of people and ideas across borders are essential to both science and a just society.
One of the fundamental tenants of our union is to advocate at all levels for rights, policies, and opportunities which reflects these values. Please read on to learn about what we are working on and how you can get involved.
If you have questions regarding you and/or your family’s immigration/visa status, please don’t hesitate to contact the union at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do everything we can to help.
- Tell Congress: Support Legislation to Overturn Visa Ban
Call your local congressional representative and urge them to oppose the Trump administration’s executive orders
- Sign On: Academics Against Immigration Executive Order
This petition opposing Trump’s executive orders on immigration has been signed by over 20,000 academics including many members of the UC community
- Join the March for Science on April 22!
On April 22, UC Postdocs will take part in the March for Science in Washington, DC, and in sister marches across California to fight the Trump administration’s anti-science, anti-immigrant executive orders
- The Ninth Circuit Banned Trump’s Ban Because it Hurts Science (Wired, 2/9/2017)
- Court Refuses to Reinstate Travel Ban, Dealing Trump Another Legal Loss (NY Times, 2/9/2017)
- L.A. federal judge orders a temporary halt to part of Trump’s travel ban (LA Times, 2/2/2017)
- Trump’s Immigration Ban Is Already Harming American Science (The Atlantic, 1/29/2017)
- How Trump’s travel ban could hurt science (Washington Post, 1/29/2017)
- State of Resistance: Labor Will Double Down in Trump Era (Capital and Main, 1/25/2017)
- Letter to the editor: UAW is a strong ally for international students and postdocs (Columbia Spectator, 12/5/2016)
- In Immigration Reform Debate, Labor Should Focus on Uniting the 99% (calitics, 7/29/2013)
- Labor and Immigrant Groups Can Move Forward Together (Huffington Post, 2/07/2013)
- The Track-Star Economy (New Yorker, 8/27/2012)